Friday, October 23, 2009

Pumpkin Munchkin


We took Ava to the pumpkin patch in preparation for Halloween next week. They were so nice they gave her a little baby pumpkin to take home with her and she carried it around the whole time we were there. We had already bought pumpkins to carve but we spotted another golden egg in the bunch and couldn't resist. It is a monster of a pumpkin weighing in at more than 30 pounds! I can't wait to carve a giant Double-T in it so all our Texas neighbors can see. Ava will of course get another Ava pumpkin, but there is one more I'm not quite sure what to do with. Guess it will have to be a surprise. I also went out and bought candy to give away to all the Trick-or-Treaters and let's just say I hope we have lots of them because I went a little overboard.

Also awhile back we took Ava to the Brownwood Reunion and for those of you who don't know it's much like a fair. Fair food, fair rides, concerts, games and lots of vendor booths. One thing in particular they have, which I have personally never heard of, is the corn boxes. Very much like a sand box but with lots of dried corn instead. Ava was not a fan this year, but next year I think she will be swimming in it!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful girl in the Pumpkin Patch!
Love,
Auntie LJCB